Monday 11 November 2013

Paleo Breakfast cookies

Paleo Breakfast cookies by angelamermaid
Paleo Breakfast cookies, a photo by angelamermaid on Flickr.

The recipe came from Gluten-Free On A Shoestring. Gluten-free and dairy-free!

Out of necessity, I made some substitutions. The weather was cold and the roads a bit icy yesterday, so I chose to go to local supermarkets rather than a health food store. I couldn't find coconut palm sugar so used regular sugar. I couldn't find pumpkin seeds so I substituted unsalted sunflower seeds. I forgot to put vegetable shortening on my list, so I used coconut oil.

And I should've checked to see if I had honey - I don't! I only discovered that halfway through baking tonight. I used maple syrup with a squirt of molasses and two squirts of corn syrup.

I tried one tonight - yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment