Friday 18 October 2013

House plans

I love crown moulding but realize that may be out of my DIY league and frankly, more work than I want to put into it. So I was thinking it would be nice to find a white or pale wallpaper border to put up instead - turns out that there are wallpaper borders made to look like crown moulding. Hmmm.

I also need to figure out a way to cover up the exposed wall behind my new thermostat - don't be shy, suggest something. :-)

Thermostat

I really like the thermostat. It has three programs - weekdays, Saturday, Sunday. The Nest looks super cool and appealed to my geek heart - but I couldn't justify spending $250 on a thermostat when the whole point was to save money on my utilities bill.

2 comments:

  1. At Home Depot beside the blind section, there is paste on wallpaper that is paintable. I took a photo of a white damask one that has raised patterns throughout. I can text you the photos. I thought it would be great to put up somewhere in my house. The instructions were very easy. Some of it already had colours if you didn't want to paint it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete