Monday 19 August 2013

Ukrainian pavillion - Folklorama 2013

Sir Paul McCartney was the reason I decided to go to Winnipeg. But he was far from being the only entertainer. Every year, Winnipeg hosts Folklorama. Different pavillions are staged throughout the city for two weeks, highlighting some of the different cultures of the residents. Basically, there's food, entertainment and information. I happened to arrive right in the middle. My brother and sister-in-law go every year, and it was really fun and rewarding.

The first one we went to was the "Spirit of Ukraine". Since we're half-Ukrainian. The food and entertainment was awesome.

Ukrainian pavillion

Ukrainian pavillion



I have no idea of what Marta Shpak was singing, since I don't speak Ukrainian, but it was lovely.
Ukrainian pavillion

Ukrainian pavillion

Ukrainian pavillion

Ukrainian pavillion

Ukrainian pavillion

0 comments:

Post a Comment