Sunday 13 January 2013

New Year's Organizing Revolution: Challenge #2 - Kitchen

Organizing Made Fun
I'm late in posting! This took a while - I decided to really go deep into the cupboards, which haven't been completely organized since I moved in ten months ago. As a Canadian, I'm not eligible for the prizes, so I decided I would get needed sleep, and not stress over missing the deadline.

This is how the kitchen looked during the house inspection. Before
Before

It was completely redone with fresh paint, counters, cabinets and appliances. I so love having a dishwasher!

After

If you followed me on Pinterest, you may never have expected that I'd end up dark cabinets. Well, they were included with the house package. And they've grown on me. :-)

Over the last year ... I added splashes of colour with wall stickers. I believe I got these at Wal-Mart.

The kitchen

The sign above the stove says "Happiness is an ocean breeze".

The kitchen

I found Rubbermaid drawer organizers that go with those dark cabinets.
Showing you my drawers
Showing you my drawers

This is my favourite organizing idea - a hanging shoe rack in the broom closet contains chemicals and cleaning supplies, including vacuum cleaner attachments.

The closet

2 comments:

  1. That shoe rack idea is brilliant! Makes it much better than having shelves where some things get pushed to the back and you either forget you have them or can't reach them. I love your dark cupboards even though I'm not a fan of them in general. They work in your place because of the light floor and the white walls. Very nice reorganization! :)

    I also love the wall stickers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoe rack idea as well! But the stickers....not so much :-( Your kitchen has a beautiful, sleek modern vibe now and the stickers are a bit too country/kitschy for the look. Will you be tiling the backsplash in the future? That will look fabulous! I'm going to redo my backsplash and have been meaning to look into lessons at Home Depot :-) Love reading all your gardening tips!

    ReplyDelete